Maplehurst Bakeries is headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana - home of the industry’s premier, high-tech, frozen Donut manufacturing facility. Maplehurst operates state of the art facilities in Indiana, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska and Washington State while serving the Industry with a World Class frozen Distribution Network. Our key product offering includes: Cakes, Donuts, Cookies, Bagels, Rolls, Breads, Pies, Danish, Cinnamon Rolls, and Crackers.
Responding and reacting to mechanical issues in the production environment in a timely and efficient manner. Completing maintenance projects, PM tasks and work orders as assigned.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a high sense of safety responsibility at all times.
• Must be knowledgeable of and be capable of working on various food manufacturing equipment and conveyance systems.
• Must have strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
• Must understand PLC’s and ladder logic.
• Understand preventive maintenance on equipment and scheduled through PMC.
• Must attend meetings as assigned.
• Respond to service calls or requests in a timely fashion.
• Assist at all times with keeping the plant running as smooth as possible while working on maintenance projects and performing PM task.
• Recognizes waste and recommends initiatives for elimination or reduction.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Write special or new Part Request.
• Use computer system to locate parts and schedule repairs.
• Must know how to issue parts out of inventory.
• Maintain proper documentation of plant equipment
Perform work with some or little supervision in the skilled trades listed below:
Electrical Work – Maintains electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment.
Pipefitting - Modifies and repairs piping systems and equipment such as vacuum and plant compressed air systems.
Sheet Metal Work - Forms, joins, assembles and installs conduits, chutes, guarding and other items and systems that have combined straight and curved edges or irregular curves and planes.
Machining - Repairs and rebuilds items from raw stock of different metals, metal alloys and other materials, such as stainless steel alloys, aluminum, rubber, plastics and nylon, through the use of hand and conventional machine tools.
Welding - Welds all types of commonly used metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes and thickness, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel.
Industrial Equipment Repair - Maintains various types of non-production industrial plant machinery equipment and systems.
Production Machinery Repair - Maintains numerous types of fixed and semi-fixed production machinery such as standard and plc controlled equipment such as that used for manufacturing in a food processing facility.
Utility Systems Repairing - Maintains and repairs one or more utility systems such as HVAC equipment, plant compressed air equipment and boiler plant equipment.
Other Skills Required: