As a member of the maintenance team, your primary responsibility includes perform electrical maintenance, install, examine, replace or repair components; trouble shoot electrical systems and building services. In addition, you will provide technical support to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position provides critical support in reducing production down time, implementing and maintaining electrical programs, preventive maintenance of equipment, and effective troubleshooting and repair of equipment. The Electrician is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
Shift: Straight Nights 11pm - 7am; every second weekend work is required.
Rate: $28.91 per hour (Includes Night Premium)
- PLC and HMI troubleshooting including modification and calibration of equipment; weight scales VFD, Servomotors and network communications experience.
- Repair, troubleshooting and installation of machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, control systems and automation
- Electrical wiring and testing of automated systems
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Previous Food industry experience preferred
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.