The Sanitation worker is responsible for ensuring that the plant (including its equipment and machinery) is cleaned on a regular and scheduled basis in accordance with government regulations, the public health code and generally-accepted food industry sanitation standards
Benefits of working at Weston :
- $13.75 starting rate
- Shift premium for hours worked between 11 pm and 7 am
- Group Benefits for full-time employees including; extended health and dental and life insurance, Employee Share Ownership program, Retirement Pension Plan and many more.
- Working as a part of the sanitation team, you will oversee the entire sanitation process.
- Work closely with the sanitation team members to ensure completeness of tasks/responsibilities for the sanitation department.
- Responsible for the accurate tracking and record keeping required for the sanitation department.
- Using appropriate cleaning method, clean in accordance to GMP Standards, all equipment/utensils, including but limited to pails, containers, divider drums, rollers and collection plates.
- Cleans production floor and surrounding area to ensure that GMP Standards are adhered to.
- Locks out, dismantles, cleans and sanitizes production machines as required and in accordance with master sanitation schedule and standard operating procedures.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner and independently with minimum supervisor.
- Understanding of WHMIS & adheres to all safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Perform other sanitation responsibilities as required.