Elevate Everyday Bread Moments.
What started as a passionate hobby has turned into a world class artisan bakery. ACE Bakery was started in 1993 by two food lovers who decided the best way to get the kind of bread they wanted was to bake it themselves. We are committed to helping our retail and foodservice customers differentiate themselves by providing a wide variety of unique, high-quality breads and baked goods.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternative breads and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Our state-of-the-art bakery on Secretariat Court creates many of the most beloved artisan breads under the ACE Bakery brand - our classic European-style baguette, as well as ciabattas, foccacias, premium hamburger buns, and more. We take immense pride in our craft, and are currently hiring experienced general labourers and production helpers to be a part of bringing our all-natural, high-quality breads to consumers all across North America.
These are permanent, full-time roles within the Weston Foods organization, and we offer a competitive compensation package, great benefits, a robust pension plan, and opportunities to grow and develop your career with a proud Canadian company and premier bakery organization.
Other benefits of working at ACE Bakery;
- Starting salary is $15.00/hr, with a salary adjustment after 6 months.
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, pension, and profit sharing program.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment that smells like fresh baked bread.
- Convenient, transit-accessible location in Mississauga.
- Free bread every day!
- Flexibility to your life balance and schedule! We are currently hiring for all shifts - mornings, afternoons, and overnight.
- Work in a cold packing room to make, pack, and stack boxes onto pallets.
- Monitor the quality product specs coming out from the oven.
- Pack fresh product into bags and boxes.
- Score or dimple product prior to final proofing.
- Clean work areas - sweeping, cleaning all tables and surfaces, racks, and machines.
- Comply with all applicable legislative and ACE Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous experience as a baker/packer is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work a flexible 8 hour shift, Monday to Saturday.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Weston Food’s Accommodation Policy, ACE Bakery will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. Please reach out to our team at ACE Bakery to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process. Information relating to the need for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.