Elevate Everyday Bread Moments.
What started as a passionate hobby has turned into a world class artisan bakery. ACE Bakery was started in 1993 by two food lovers who decided the best way to get the kind of bread they wanted was to bake it themselves. We are committed to helping our retail and foodservice customers differentiate themselves by providing a wide variety of unique, high-quality breads and baked goods.
ACE Bakery is a division of Weston Foods who is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day. Our artisan breads, anchored by the beloved ACE Bakery brand, specializes in premium all natural artisan bakery products. Using time-honored European traditions and techniques, ACE Bakery has created a legacy of high-quality delicious breads, recognized by many of the top chefs across North America.
We are currently hiring Machine Operators for night shifts at our Mississauga bakery located at 580 Secretariat Ct, Mississauga! The earliest night shift begins at 7pm.
These are permanent, full-time roles within the Weston Foods organization, and we offer a competitive compensation package, great benefits, a robust pension plan, and opportunities to grow and develop your career with a proud Canadian company and premier bakery organization.
Other benefits of working at ACE Bakery;
- Starting salary is $17.00/hr, with a salary adjustment after 6 months.
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, pension, and profit sharing program.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment that smells like fresh baked bread.
- Convenient, transit-accessible location in Mississauga.
- Free bread every day!
- The Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring smooth machine operations.
- Set up laminating line for different SKUs installing correct cutting wheel, setting up belt correctly, and setting up cutters.
- Start up and operate line, entering correct parameters into control panels. Make sure dough is feeding through.
- Take all steps necessary to ensure continuous feed to proofer (i.e. keep flour containers filled).
- Trouble-shoot belt problems, thickness issues, board congestion and any other interruptions to flow to proofer.
- Identify more complex issues and call maintenance.
- Take samples, check and record weight.
- Comply with all applicable legislative and ACE Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 20kg.
- Ability and skill to quickly acquire knowledge of our baking process and products.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible 8 hour shift, Monday to Saturday.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Weston Food’s Accommodation Policy, ACE Bakery will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. Please reach out to our team at ACE Bakery to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process. Information relating to the need for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.