Weston Foods, the parent company of Maplehurst Bakeries, is hiring in our cake bakery in Cobourg, Ontario. Not seasonal work – full-time, permanent staff for 8-hour day and afternoon shifts! People love our cakes so much, we’ve needed to expand production and shifts throughout the year.
Specifically, we’re hiring full-time, permanent Production Labourers to work weekday shifts immediately – 8-hour daytime (7 a.m. – 3 p.m.) and afternoon (3 p.m. – 11 p.m.) shifts – along with overnights or occasional Saturdays beginning in May when our fruit cake production season begins.
We’re looking for people in Northumberland County seeking long-term employment opportunities with a great Canadian-based company that provides extensive onboarding and training.
Want to know more about Weston Foods? We are bakers. As a leading North American bakery company, we bake our breads, rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, bagels, tortillas, cookies, crackers and more in more than 40 bakeries across Canada and the U.S. We care about our customers and our employees. We conduct business with integrity and foster a respectful work environment, all the while giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Come join a growing production team that takes pride in the work we do to bake delicious cakes that celebrate special occasions and help elevate everyday moments from coast to coast.
- Full-time, permanent employment
- Competitive wages ($14.50/hour)
- 8-hour day or afternoon shifts (Monday to Friday) either 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.; along with overnight or occasional weekends through the summer months.
- Opportunities for overtime
- Referral bonuses
- Comprehensive pension/benefits plans
- Previous food production experience is an asset
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds when needed
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved safety footwear is required
- Assembly line duties
- Follow HACCP and GMP policies and procedures
- Responsible for sanitation throughout production area
- Ensure quality of product is maintained throughout the manufacturing process
Don’t wait… apply today!