Job Description & Scope: This position will be responsible to support Production, Sanitation and Warehouse in a safe, sanitary, efficient, and respectable manner. The Maintenance Technician will assure the facility and equipment are in a state of good repair, through (EAM) Work Order completion, break down repairs, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance procedures, as well as assure maximum uptime of equipment.
- Adheres to Maplehurst Bakeries Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Supports Maplehurst Bakeries Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Productivity team goals.
- Supports the operations group to produce the highest quality product in accordance with Maplehurst Bakery Food Safety and Quality standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair Production equipment in a timely manner on a daily basis as required by the Production Team.
- Supports maintenance reactive, proactive, and preventative tasks.
- Responsible for maximizing machine uptime and scrap reduction.
- Project planning and execution.
- Monitors radio for production process requests constantly throughout the shift and provides support where needed.
- Perform all other duties as required/assigned
Education and Knowledge Requirements:
- 4 year Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic experience is required
- PLC’s, AC/DC drives, VFD’s and Robotics knowledge helpful
- Experience with gas ovens, compressors boilers a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively with managers and other Team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and or humid conditions and excessive temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
GMP's Safety and Environmental:
Every employee will be required to observe and follow the high standards of Good Manufacturing Practices that are proper and essential for a food safety manufacturing facility. Established safety rules will be followed in order to maintain a work environment that is safe and free from hazards. Every employee is to follow established guidelines and training in regard to all environmental programs such as; disposal of non- hazardous & hazardous waste products, wastewater management and disposal of all food waste.