Sanitation is a Science and one Sweet Job! We are looking for Dedicated Sanitation Professionals on all shifts!
Work for Us!
As a Sanitation Team Member, you'll be working in our Manchester, NH, cupcake factory that currently produces more than 2.5 million cupcakes per day! This facility operating in North America employees 250+ team members and runs 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We operate 3 production lines, producing mini cupcakes in a variety of flavors for our retail and wholesale customers.
Not everyone can clean well! You'll help keep our facility spotless, following the Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and government standards to ensure the sanitation of the entire plant.
In a typical day, you'll:
- Follow SOPs to perform plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation Schedule. This may require the use of powered cleaning equipment, such as power washers, foam applicators, steamers, and various non-mechanized equipment.
- Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of the plant, maintaining a high level of cleanliness and sanitation to ensure that the plant is always read for visitors or audits.
- Safely use cleaning agents and chemicals in a manner consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations, and dispose of chemicals following SDS and manufacturer guidelines.
- 1st Shift (7:00 am - 3:30 pm)
- 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm)
- 3rd Shift (11:00 pm - 7:30 am)
**Sanitation workers are required to work weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required during peak business times.
In order to perform this job, you must be able to:
- Work safely in an industrial environment with minimal supervision.
- Speak and communicate effectively in English with managers and other team members.
- Read, write, and understand instructions, warning labels, and postings in English.
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures and established practices.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally work at heights of up to 15 feet.
- Stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, pull, push, stoop, bend, and stretch as needed throughout your shift.
- Work closely with others in a team environment.
- Safely work with chemicals following SDS sheet guidelines and SOPs.
- Use a computer and operate Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel without needing help.
It's helpful if you have:
- A HS Diploma/GED or Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Food Science or Technology.
- 1-2 years of Sanitation Experience.
- Prior food manufacturing experience or exposure.
In addition to specific hands-on machine operation and/or area training, you will need to successfully complete training in the following programs once employed:
- OSHA Safety Training
- Food Safety Training
- GMP Training
- Other training as determined by your manager.