Check out this Sweet Job! We're currently fully staffed, but we're always on the lookout for great talent.
Work for Us!
As a maintenance technician, you'll be working in our Manchester, NH, cupcake factory that currently produces more than 2.5 million cupcakes per day! This facility operating in North America employees 250+ team members and runs 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We operate 3 production lines, producing mini cupcakes in a variety of flavors for our retail and wholesale customers.
You'll help keep the cupcakes baking by ensuring our machinery is running smoothly, fixing breakdowns before they happen by keeping up to date with the PM program.
In a typical day, you might perform the following work:
- Electrical Work – Maintains electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment.
- Pipefitting - Modifies and repairs piping systems and equipment such as vacuum and plant compressed air systems.
- Sheet Metal Work - Forms, joins, assembles and installs conduits, chutes, guarding and other items and systems that have combined straight and curved edges or irregular curves and planes.
- Machining - Repairs and rebuilds items from raw stock of different metals, metal alloys and other materials, such as stainless steel alloys, aluminum, rubber, plastics and nylon, through the use of hand and conventional machine tools.
- Welding - Welds all types of commonly used metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes and thickness, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel.
- Industrial Equipment Repair - Maintains various types of non-production industrial plant machinery equipment and systems.
- Production Machinery Repair - Maintains numerous types of fixed and semi-fixed production machinery such as standard and plc controlled equipment such as that used for manufacturing in a food processing facility.
- Utility Systems Repairing - Maintains and repairs one or more utility systems such as HVAC equipment, plant compressed air equipment and boiler plant equipment.
- Night Shift (6:00 pm - 6:00 am)
**Maintenance Technicians work are scheduled 3 days per week, and 4 days every other week.
We're looking for someone with:
- +5 years of industrial or manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Advanced mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting abilities.
- Prior experience working on food manufacturing equipment and conveyance systems.
- Hands on experience fixing PLC's and ladder logic, AC/DC drives, VFD, robotics, gas ovens, compressors, and boilers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
You must be able to:
- Work safely in an industrial environment with minimal supervision.
- Speak, read, write, and communicate effectively in English with managers and other team members.
- Read, write, and understand instructions, warning labels, and postings in English.
- Work in hot, cold, or loud environments.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work in unusual body positions; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms from ground to above head.
- Occasionally sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb and use ladders.
- See clearly, including up close, at a distance, in color, and peripherally, with good depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Work closely with others in a team environment.
- Use a computer and operate Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel without needing help.
In addition to specific hands-on machine operation and/or area training, you will need to successfully complete training in the following programs once employed:
- OSHA Safety Training
- Food Safety Training
- GMP Training
- Other training as determined by your manager.