We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
Our Amherst, NS bakery is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Technician
- 8am-430pm (Days)
- Some flexibility may be required around holidays.
- Compiles and reviews sample data taken during production
- Measures and reviews product samples
- Suggests and implements corrective measures to improve the manufacturing processes
- Records and communicates results through reports, meetings and voicemail as required
- Monitors incoming raw materials to ensure materials meet our specifications
- Ensures compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards as well as HACCP compliance and other food safety and workplace safety initiatives
- Support activities of other departments such as Production, Dry Warehouse, and Sanitation through auditing
- Communicates with other departments to ensure that substandard product is identified
- Ensures that substandard product is not packed and/or shipped and that it is disposed of as waste, rework or thrift inventory
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures for new and existing products
- Continuously strives to improve processes to eliminate waste
- Leads and contributes to the efforts of Continuous Improvement Teams
- Comply with GMP and Food Safety Requirements according to company policy
- Generate and close Sanitation work orders
- Generate reports on sanitation activities and communicate to the team
- Create and modify sanitation work orders as required
- Ability to lift 10kg as a part of monitoring and operation of production equipment per customer requirement.