Elevate Everyday Bread Moments.
What started as a passionate hobby has turned into a world class artisan bakery. ACE Bakery was started in 1993 by two food lovers who decided the best way to get the kind of bread they wanted was to bake it themselves. We are committed to helping our retail and foodservice customers differentiate themselves by providing a wide variety of unique, high-quality breads and baked goods.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternative breads and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Our state-of-the-art bakery on Secretariat Court creates many of the most beloved artisan breads under the ACE Bakery brand - our classic European-style baguette, as well as ciabattas, foccacias, premium hamburger buns, and more.
We take immense pride in our craft, and are currently hiring a Sanitation Lead Hand to be a part of our dynamic team. This is a permanent, full-time role within the Weston Foods organization, and we offer a competitive compensation package, great benefits, a robust pension plan, and opportunities to grow and develop your career with a proud Canadian company and premier bakery organization.
Other benefits of working at ACE Bakery;
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, pension, and profit sharing program.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment that smells like fresh baked bread.
- Convenient, transit-accessible location in Mississauga.
- Free bread every day!
The Sanitation Lead Hand reports directly to the sanitation supervisor and leads a small team of sanitation cleaners.
- Guide and direct sanitation crew in day to day cleaning of machines and facilities
- Accurately track and record sanitation department requirements and activities.
- Use cleaning equipment (scrapers, brushes, pads, vacuums, scrub machine, compressed air) to clean floors, ceilings, walls of the bakery (change rooms, warehouse, freezer, refrigerators, packing and production).
- Disassemble and clean all equipment (i.e. ovens, mixing bowls, proofers, refrigeration coils, fans, etc.) and reassemble, adhering to lock-out-tag-out and other GMP and SOPs.
- Comply with all applicable legislative and ACE Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.