Are You Looking for a SWEET JOB?
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
This role will be working in our Lebanon cake plant, which produces 1000 cupcakes per minute and 5M lbs. of cake per month! This is one of our newest plants, built in 2015 and employs 275 non-union team members. This state of the art facility is 188k sq. ft., operates with three highly automated production lines and possess a strong team oriented culture.
- Support Safety Goals through Safe Work Practices
- Perform Audits of sample data taken for use in the implementation of the plant’s IPM (Integrated Process Management) System
- Identifies process problems through the use of statistical analysis. Leads IPM reviews with the plant’s management team to discuss corrective actions and next steps
- Maintains and updates IPM System as necessary
- Manage Environmental Monitor Sampling, analysis, and corrective actions and conduct Environmental Monitoring Review meetings as needed
- Gather and test Raw Material samples, in process materials samples and finished product samples.
- Investigate and analyze samples for quality using necessary Laboratory equipment such as NIR, Aw meters, pH meters, and Moisture analyzers etc.
- Maintains spreadsheets for data analysis and maintains records per policy requirement
- Audit hold and foreign material investigations to ensure root cause is identified and appropriate corrective actions are implemented
- Conduct Internal Audits for BRC compliance
- Records and communicates analysis and audit results through reports and meetings as required
- Ensures compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards as well as HAACP/ FSMA compliances and other food safety and workplace safety initiatives
- Communicates with RAs and other departments to ensure that substandard ingredient and or finished product is identified and controlled and evaluated for disposition prior to Quality release
- Support activities of other departments such as Production, Dry Warehouse, and Sanitation through auditing and data analysis
- Contribute and lead in the development of standards and procedures for new and existing products, procedures and laboratory analysis
- Provide Training for QA Resource Auditors on Lab practices and Analysis methods.
- Continuously strives to improve processes to eliminate waste
- Leads and contributes to the efforts of Continuous Improvement Teams
- Serve as backup to Quality Assurance Manager when required
- Provide Coverage for QA Resource Auditor functions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.