We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Bakeries Limited is a proud Canadian company operating for over 125 years. We are the national bakery leader producing a wide variety of fresh and frozen baked goods found in grocery stores, convenience stores, supermarket in-store bakeries and food service outlets. Our operations include more than 35 facilities across Canada employing over 4,000 employees in plants, distribution centers and corporate environments. Each day Canadian families start their day with the nutrients supplied by Wonder+, Country Harvest, D’Italiano.
Weston Bakeries Limited provides quality and value to our customers as well as a commitment to employee development and growth. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career with a company that is committed to being the industry leader, your fresh start begins here!
Benefits of working at Weston Bakeries:
- $17.20 starting rate, Overtime Paid after 40 Hours
- Must be flexible to work Weekends
- Additional night shift premium $0.50
- Group Benefits for full-time employees including extended health and dental and life insurance
- Unionized; annual rate increase; incentive program
- Regular Night Shift, Opportunity for Overtime and Growth
Comply with all applicable legislative and Weston Bakeries food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Work closely with packaging operators to get required amount of product for orders
Working in the shipping/receiving area and in/out of the freezer as well as operating a forklift
Move received trays & pallets to their designated spot & load fresh & frozen products to the trailer
Arrange box packaging for frozen products as per the order & ensure the correct products, printing & amount has been achieved
Organize production floor, freezer & aisles (maintain required amount of trays for packaging & finished products)
Manage breaks for packaging crew
Complete all paperwork including receiving logs and conduct food safety checks on trailer
Help perform inventory counts when required
Clean work areas - sweeping, cleaning all tables and surfaces, racks, and machines
Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
• Two years previous order picking and shipping experience is an asset.
• Must possess an excellent understanding of warehouse shipping procedures and equipment.
• Strong attention to detail and basic mathematical aptitude.
• Must be able to lift up to 25kg.
• Knowledge of material handling equipment is an asset; forklift certification and experience is a definite asset.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to follow directions of supervisor and follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Must be flexible to work all shifts, including weekends.