We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with distinct business units in fresh (Weston Bakeries), frozen (Maplehurst Bakeries), artisan (ACE Bakery), and biscuit (Interbake Foods). We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, and are committed to delivering great quality and high value baked goods and bakery solutions to our customers across North America. We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a supportive company culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on each of our employees committing to getting better every day. We’re always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-minded professionals who want to build a better Weston Foods with us.
The Maintenance Millwright / Electrician is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
Rate: $32 per hour + Shift Premiums + Benefits, Pension, OT Opportunities , $1 Dollar Premium for Dual Ticket, Paid Lunches / Breaks , OT After 40 Hours
Shift: Straight Nights, must be flexible to work weekends. Our plant maintenance operates 24 / 7 , 8 Hour Shifts,
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Weston Foods food
safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul
on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all
times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each
area of work
- Troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Must have Millwright License 433A / Red Seal Journeyman ticket OR Electrical 309A / 442A / Red Seal Construction and Maintenance
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical / electrical experience, preferably in
the food industry.
- Proven track record working with mechanical / electrical
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are
- Ability to work straight night shift, including weekends. 8 Hours Shifts - 10PM - 6AM
- Full Time Permanent
- $32 / HOUR to Start
- Shift Premiums
- Paid Lunches / Breaks
- OT After 40 HOURS
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.