Our Wilson County donut facility currently produces more than 2.5 million donuts a day, and we are growing our capacity to meet customer demands all over North America! We employ more than 200 non-union team members and operate in a state-of-the-art, 230,000 square foot facility. We operate four (4) highly automated production lines and possess a strong, team-oriented culture that works together in a 24/7 environment.
Weston Foods is expanding its operations in 2020, and will be adding a 5th high speed donut line to the North American network. We make Yeast & Cake Donuts, Yeast & Cake Donut Holes, Bars, Apple Fritters, and Cinnamon Rolls for our retail and wholesale customers.
The Warehouse team is responsible for ensuring that those 2.5 million donuts a day produced are warehoused and loaded for outbound shipment in a safe and efficient manner. It’s the first and a critical step in getting our delicious products onto grocery shelves across North America, and into the homes of our beloved consumers.
- Must understand and prioritize the issue of safety as the most important expectation of employment.
- Must have working and driving knowledge of all types of forklifts used in the facility.
- Will complete regular inspections of forklifts.
- Will understand dock door and lock operations throughout the entire facility.
- Follow and adhere to company safety programs/policies such as but not limited to:
- Forklift Operation
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
- Will participate in rotation of warehouse stock.
- Will clean all areas associated with the warehouse.
- Must have appropriate computer skills to monitor warehouse inventory, use IR Scanners, work in established systems and understand Ticket Masters.
- Will load/ unload and verify counts of raw materials and finished goods.
- Will inspect materials and finished goods for damage or pest infestation.
- Must be capable of working in sub-zero environment.
- Will comply with GMP and Food Safety Requirements according to company policy
- Will have successfully completed the Maplehurst Bakeries Forklift Training Class.
- Will operate forklift within guidelines outlined on Forklift Operating Policy.
- Will attend all required Operations and Safety training.
- Will maintain attendance as outlined in company attendance policy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete Shipping/Receiving documents reports, warehouse inventories and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to managers, supervisors and other team members.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve problems.Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, and use hands and fingers.The employee is frequently required to drive a powered industrial vehicle (forklift).The employee is also required to reach with hands and arms, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb and use of ladders.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
GMP’s Safety and Environmental
- Employee will be required to observe and follow the high standards of Good Manufacturing Practices that are proper and essential for a food manufacturing facility. Employee is to follow established guidelines and training in regard to all environmental programs.