REPORTS TO: Maintenance Team Leader
SHIFT(S): Continental shift (2-2-3) - Night (5:45 p. – 6:00 a.) Shift
Our Wilson County donut facility currently produces more than 2.5 million donuts a day, and we are growing our capacity to meet customer demands all over North America! We employ more than 200 non-union team members and operate in a state-of-the-art, 230,000 square foot facility. We operate four (4) highly automated production lines and possess a strong, team-oriented culture that works together in a 24/7 environment.
Weston Foods is expanding its operations in 2020, and will be adding a 5th high speed donut line to the North American network. We make Yeast & Cake Donuts, Yeast & Cake Donut Holes, Bars, Apple Fritters, and Cinnamon Rolls for our retail and wholesale customers.
Our mechanics are essential to our success. They are responsible to service and maintain all plant equipment in a timely and efficient manner. Provide technical support to production operators throughout the plant. Typical tasks performed: Completes work from blueprints, drawings, other written specifications and/or oral instructions. Selects materials, equipment, and tools to be used. Uses hand and/or portable power tools. Sets up and operates a limited range of shop equipment and machines of each trade, working to close tolerances, and uses appropriate standard and specialized measuring and testing instruments. May be required to perform other tasks as necessary.
- Must exceed all pack tech qualifications and have minor electrical troubleshooting ability
- Write work orders on Issues discussed in IPM Meetings
- Follow and adhere to Lock – Out / Tag – Out procedures at all times.
- Assist at all times with keeping the plant running as smooth as possible while working on maintenance projects and performing PM task
- Recognizes waste and recommends initiatives for elimination or reduction
- Clean maintenance department work areas
- Preventive Maintenance on equipment scheduled through PMC
- Writing special or new Part Request.
- Repair of equipment scheduled through PMC
- Familiarization with searching parts in the PMC system.
- Must be able to write and make statues changes to Work Orders in the system.
Trade Skills Desired:
- Perform work with some or little supervision in the skilled trades listed below:
- Electrical Work – Maintains electrical lines, circuits, systems, and associated fixtures, controls, and equipment.
- Pipefitting - Modifies and repairs piping systems and equipment such as vacuum and plant compressed air systems.
- Sheet Metal Work - Forms, joins, assembles and installs conduits, chutes, guarding, and other items and systems that have combined straight and curved edges or irregular curves and planes.
- Machining - Repairs and rebuilds items from raw stock of different metals, metal alloys and other materials, such as stainless steel alloys, aluminum, rubber, plastics, and nylon, through the use of hand and conventional machine tools.
- Welding - Welds all types of commonly used metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes, and thickness, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel.
- Industrial Equipment Repair - Maintains various types of non-production industrial plant machinery equipment and systems.
- Production Machinery Repair - Maintains numerous types of fixed and semi-fixed production machinery such as standard and plc controlled equipment such as that used for manufacturing in a food processing facility.
- Utility Systems Repairing - Maintains and repairs one or more utility systems such as HVAC equipment, plant compressed air equipment, and boiler plant equipment.