REPORTS TO: Sanitation Supervisor
SHIFT(S): Continental Day (5:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) and Night (5:45 p. – 6:00 a.)
(2 days on / 2 days off / 3 days on)
$$$: $15.09 (days), $15.59 (nights) to start.
Our Wilson County donut facility currently produces more than 2.5 million donuts a day, and we are growing our capacity to meet customer demands all over North America! We employ more than 200 non-union team members and operate in a state-of-the-art, 230,000 square foot facility. We operate four (4) highly automated production lines and possess a strong, team-oriented culture that works together in a 24/7 environment.
Weston Foods is expanding its operations in 2020, and will be adding a 5th high speed donut line to the North American network. We make Yeast & Cake Donuts, Yeast & Cake Donut Holes, Bars, Apple Fritters, and Cinnamon Rolls for our retail and wholesale customers.
Our sanitation team members are essential to our success, and are responsible for ensuring the
facility and its equipment are cleaned and sanitized within Good Manufacturing Practices
guidelines, and that waste is disposed in accordance with established plant and government
environmental standards. Food safety and quality are critical to our success, and that starts with
a clean bakery environment.
- Operate, disassemble, clean and reassemble all the production equipment in a safe and timely manner
- Clean all facility equipment and building structures in a safe and timely manner
- Safely operate power sprayers, vacuums, and other mechanical tools
- Safely use and dispose of cleaning agents and chemicals including solvents, bases, acids, pesticides, disinfectants, degreasers, etc.
- Capable of working effectively at heights in excess of 25 feet, and in other elevated and confined spaces
- Ability to work in extreme environments (including hot, cold, wet, dusty and slick places)
- Must be able to stand, climb (stairs and ladders), reach, pull, push, stoop, bend, hang, lift, and stretch as needed
- Must be able to read, write and understand instructions, warnings, labels and postings in English effectively
- Comply with GMP and Food Safety Requirements according to company policy
In addition to hands-on training employees in this position will be required to successfully complete training including, but not limited to, the following programs:
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- Hazcom, Hazmat
- Blood Pathogens
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Fire Safety
- GMP Awareness
- Other topical training as determined by the company
- After thorough training, employee must be able to perform all the duties of the position as all sanitation employees must be cross-trained