We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Our Bakery located at 2095 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga is currently recruiting full time Packaging Operator on the night shift. (6pm-6am) Starting rate $17.40 + 0.75 Night Shift Premium.
Successful candidates will work 12-hour continental shifts. Shifts are as follows:
- Even weeks: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Odd weeks: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday
- Typically employees do not work Fridays or Saturdays
This is a permanent, full-time role within the Weston Foods organization, and we offer a competitive compensation package, great benefits, a robust pension plan, and opportunities to grow and develop your career with a proud Canadian company and premier bakery organization.
The Packaging Operator is responsible to ensure all packaging materials and equipment are ready for the night’s production based on production requirements. Ensures equipment is properly set-up for the schedule and ensures all reporting and recording sheets are filled out accurately reflecting good production.
- Ensures that appropriate quantity of boxes is available for packaging process.
- Fills and re-fills box machine with unopened boxes and glue as required.
- Installs and feeds bag film through bag inserter machine.
- Ensures that bag is seated squarely into the bottom of box so that packaging can be completed properly.
- Ensures metal detector operational and the program is correct.
- Ensures packaging stations and reject weigh scales are operational.
- Correct schedule in place. Enters product code and sets printers as required.
- Changes ink jets and ensures bar code verifier is working as required.
- Ensures tape machine is ready to run.
- Ensures sufficient skids are available for production as well as robot pallet dispenser is filled.
- Ensures all necessary reporting and recording sheets required are filled out correctly.
- Other duties as assigned by management.