ACE Bakery is a division of Weston Foods who is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day. Our artisan breads, anchored by the beloved ACE Bakery brand, specializes in premium all natural artisan bakery products. Using time-honored European traditions and techniques, ACE Bakery has created a legacy of high-quality delicious breads, recognized by many of the top chefs across North America.
We are currently hiring for full-time Maintenance Electrician at our bakery located at 120 Applewood Crescent, Concord, ON L4K 4E2.
As a member of the maintenance team, your primary responsibility includes perform electrical maintenance, install, examine, replace or repair components; trouble shoot electrical systems and building services. In addition, you will provide technical support to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position provides critical support in reducing production down time, implementing and maintaining electrical programs, preventive maintenance of equipment, and effective troubleshooting and repair of equipment. The Electrician is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
Skills and Requirements:
• Strong knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), Weight scales, VFD, Servomotors
• Repair, troubleshooting and installation of machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, read drawings
• Electrical wiring and testing of automated systems
• Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
• Previous Food industry experience preferred
• Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment, perform other related duties as assigned or required
• Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
• Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
• Must have Industrial Electrician License (442A) or 309A
• Strong Mechanical Aptitude
• 2-5 years' industrial, electrical and mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry
• Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required
• Ability to work continental shifts during the day and night, including weekends and holidays.
Benefits of working at ACE Bakery:
- Starting salary is $35/hr
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, pension.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment that smells like fresh baked bread
- Free bread !