We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 bakeries across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
At our bakery on Fenmar Drive in North York, which is transit accessible 24 hours a day and easily accessed by car from the 400, 401, 407, and 427 highways, we produce a number of delicious products across our bakery categories, including Rubschlager packaged rye bread and artisan ciabattas and baguettes. Our team here is close-knit and tenured, and our baking methods are more traditional in nature.
We are currently hiring Mixers for our Bakery , we have all shifts available , its a direct and urgent opening with the company .
- Full-time, Permanent employment
- Competitive wage rate starting at $16.60/ hr (shift premiums given for afternoon/night shift)
- Full benefits packages
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment
- Convenient, transit accessible location in North York
- Potential for yearly bonus payout
- Overtime after 40 hrs/wk or if longer than scheduled shift
- Unionized work environment
- Must be flexible to work all shifts (Days, afternoons, nights) including weekends as required
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) policies and procedure
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds when needed
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved safety footwear is required
- Demonstrated reliability and attendance is considered a great asset
- Must be able to work in an allergen (grain & seeds) food/bakery environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) a must and basic math skills are required.
- Must have and maintain a strong attendance record.
- Previous food production experience highly desired