Engageware is looking for a Database Data Engineer to join our Hosting Operations team in Tewksbury MA or Portsmouth NH. In this role, your goal will be to help our team build secure, scalable and reliable infrastructure and pipelines to support our growing data analytics needs. You’ll work as part of a diverse Site Reliability Engineering + Database Engineering multi-disciplinary team to further drive both our data analytics and hosted environment.
Your best efforts are required for this role! Our team needs someone who works well in cross-functional teams and enjoys collaborating. You need to understand the business impact of your work and enjoy measuring and presenting it. You enjoy working with product management and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value timely.
Our team manages a large set of distributed services in support of a 24x7 SaaS application used by organizations from sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies across the globe. The Hosting Operations team consists of site reliability engineers and database engineers with deep experience in cloud providers like AWS and Azure. We’ve built a modern DevOps framework and we’re looking to add an engineer that wants to operate in and expand on that vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Eagerness to build a best-in-class data practice in an AWS environment.
- 4+ years of experience modeling, visualizing and interpreting data.
- Core competency and knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in a scripting language, Python preferred
- Familiar with modern data technologies/stack such as Airflow, Redshift, Docker, Git, Jenkins.
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis; we believe in code review, version control, and solid documentation.
- Strong ability to build collaborative, productive relationships with colleagues/teams.
- Skilled at working in an autonomous environment where you’ll work independently to execute on various projects.
- Manage our SQL servers and databases across multiple environments, both servers and cloud services.
- Work with developers in building new features and services on both RDBMS and NoSQL data storage layers.
- Configure monitoring tools to measure system health to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Participate in development and implementation support efforts to meet database performance expectations.
- Analyze, solve, and correct database-related issues in real time.
- Support our services group in configuring scheduled ETL operations.
- Author queries and stored procedures for custom reporting.
- Optimize stored procedures in T-SQL and pgSQL.
- Continually refine DevOps automation in management of database systems using tools like Flyway.
- Participate in weekly 24x7 rotation to support production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support software deployment activities after hours.
- Act as SME and continually improve training, documentation and capabilities of Ops team and peers across the company.