We are looking for a Youth Navigator to serve as a liaison with all youth program partners and OYC. The Youth Navigator will serve youth ages 16-24 and works with them to determine the appropriateness for Opportunity Youth Collaborative. OYC provides training and supports to opportunity youth looking to enter career pathways in the retail and hospitality sectors in South Jersey.
- Recruits, interviews and orients youth participants for JEVS youth programs
- Connects prospective participants to JEVS youth programs and supports the enrollment process
- Provides career exploration guidance
- Coordinates with providers and potential providers of services to ensure seamless service access/delivery and acts as single point of contact for program as it relates to youth services
- High school or equivalent with 5 – 7 years of experience working with older youth, Associates degree in related field with 4-6 years of experience working with older youth, preferred
- Knowledge of best practices within Youth Development and Education Systems within the Atlantic Count region, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in preparing and conducting workshops and training sessions
- Good organizational skills and willingness to be part of a team
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- ACCESS TO CAR PREFERRED
This position is 15 hours per week
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.