hireAbility is an affiliate agency of JEVS Human Services that offers an empowering, customized employment program to assist individuals living with a disability or chronic disease by preparing them for competitive employment and community integration.
JEVS Human Services has 1,000 employees and 20 successful programs providing skills development, job readiness & career services, vocational rehabilitation, recovery services, adult and residential day services, and in-home personal assistance.
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate individuals to join the JEVS Talent Pool for future openings as a
Community Employment Specialist (On Call).
What is the “JEVS Talent Pool”?
The JEVS Talent Pool is dedicated to talented applicants who can be called on to fill some of our most important positions when they become available!
What does a Community Employment Specialist do?
- Match a job seekers interests and abilities with available jobs, companies, and industries
- Look for new employers and opportunities for job seekers and nurture relationships with existing employers
- Support participants throughout application and interview process
- Support participants currently employed to increase skills, abilities, hours, duties, etc. as desired by participant for career development
- Learn requirements of job opening, teach job seeker to perform tasks, and supervise their job performance, fading assistance as participants become independent
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a sales or quota driven environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in social services, psychology, or a related field; 2+ years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience working with job seekers to find and match them with employment opportunities
- A creative problem solver who believes that all people have the right to work regardless of their challenges
How long will it be until a position is available?
The wait time between application and position availability could be anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks
Why should you join?
JEVS Human Services offers a variety of benefits that you may be eligible for!
- Career development training
- Opportunity for growth
- Potential to go part-time or full-time in the future
JEVS employees realize career satisfaction year after year, and so can you!
Submit your application online to get started