We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our hireAbility team as a Community Employment Specialist. HireAbility offers an empowering, customized employment program to assist individuals of all skill levels and experiences living with a disability by preparing them for competitive integrated employment.
Manage caseload to provide 1:1 job readiness and job coaching services to program participants
- Develop, modify and monitor results of the job seeker’s goals, fading assistance as job seeker becomes more independent
- Maintain strong relationships with existing employers and companies
- Conduct assessments for job seekers. Meet with consumer, family and other individuals to understand the individual’s total life experience
- Support job seekers in obtaining interviews for identified jobs. Attend interview if needed
- Support participants currently employed to increase skills, abilities, hours, duties, authority as desired by participant for career development
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field preferred
1 year experience in human services or disability services
- Ability to work with staff, clients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Vehicle and driver's license required. Mileage reimbursement available
This position is part-time, 20 hours/week, with flexibility to add hours as desired. Evening and weekend flexibiliy preferred.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.