JEVS Human Services' hireAbility program offers an empowering, customized employment program to assist individuals of all skill levels and experiences living with an intellectual disability, mental illness, or physical disability or chronic disease by preparing them for competitive integrated employment.
Currently we are seeking a compassionate and organized individual to join the hireAbility team as an Employment Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with businesses and community resource agencies and for developing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Day to Day:
Recruit applicants with disabilities from community resources
Assess marketable skills and qualifications and determine services to be provided; counsel individuals with disabilities on employment trends and job readiness issues; may conduct training in group or one-on-one sessions.
Review job market and job requisitions as they are received; schedule on-site employer visits whenever necessary
Refer qualified applicants directly to employers; actively assists in facilitating employment interviews
Plan and coordinate special placement-related projects (e.g. annual job fairs, mock interview days, etc.)
Perform other duties as assigned by the Employment Manager.
• Requires Bachelors degree (business, human resource or behavioral science disciplines preferred).
• Minimum of two years work experience required. Job development experience preferred.
• Ability to foster connections and relationships to facilitate job matches and placements.
• Knowledge of employment trends in New Jersey.
• Knowledge of employment issues related to people with disabilities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong marketing and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k), with company match
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Ample paid vacation and sick time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats, and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness workshops and activities and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Dress-down Fridays
- Employee referral bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible mileage and travel expenses
For more information about what it’s like to be a part of the JEVS team, visit our careers page at https://www.jevshumanservices.org/careers/
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided. Please contact your recruiter if you are in need of an accommodation during the interview process.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided