At JEVS Human Services, we believe in giving people possibilities—opportunities to be self-sufficient and satisfied. Each year we touch nearly 25,000 lives, focusing on individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges as well as those facing adverse socio-economic conditions including unemployment and underemployment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our hireAbility team as a Community Employment Specialist. HireAbility offers an empowering, customized employment program to assist individuals of all skill levels and experiences living with a disability by preparing them for competitive integrated employment.
Manage caseload to provide 1:1 job readiness and job coaching services to program participants
- Develop, modify and monitor results of the job seeker’s goals, fading assistance as job seeker becomes more independent
- Maintain strong relationships with existing employers and companies
- Conduct assessments for job seekers. Meet with consumer, family and other individuals to understand the individual’s total life experience
- Support job seekers in obtaining interviews for identified jobs. Attend interview if needed
- Support participants currently employed to increase skills, abilities, hours, duties, authority as desired by participant for career development
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field preferred
1 year experience in human services or disability services
- Ability to work with staff, clients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Vehicle and driver's license required. Mileage reimbursement available
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k), with company match
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Ample paid vacation and sick time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats, and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness workshops and activities and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Dress-down Fridays
- Employee referral bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible mileage and travel expenses
For more information about what it’s like to be a part of the JEVS team, visit our careers page at https://www.jevshumanservices.org/careers/
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided. Please contact your recruiter if you are in need of an accommodation during the interview process.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.