We have an exciting opportunity within our Financial Management Services (FMS) program in the North Delaware area as a Case Coordiantor (Support Broker) where you can Make Hope Happen every single day. As part of our FMS Program you will provide administrative and programmatic support that empower adults with physical disabilities to act as household employers of their own personal care attendants
In this role you will be responsible for enrolling, monitoring, and supporting physically disabled adults (participants) who direct their own attendant care in state-funded and Medicaid-funded programs.
What you will do:
- Process IRS, Department of Labor, regulatory and agency documents in both paper and electronic formats to establish program participant as a household employer of personal care attendants
- Educate participants and attendants with respect to governmental, regulatory and agency policies, procedures, roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with staff that process payroll to ensure accurate and timely payment to attendants; broker payroll problem resolution
- Perform all facets of case management including investigating, reporting, and representing the agency before funders and regulatory personnel
- Provide participants with the on-going training and human resources support that enable them to manage their employees/personal attendants
- Train the participant in program compliance, EEO, requirements, DOL and IRS guidelines, prevention of fraud and abuse, etc.
- Visit participants in their residence or community as well as make phone contact according to schedules and document all visits and contact via formal report.
- Assist participants in recruiting and screening attendant applicants
- Perform background screening of attendant applicants
- Document and report grievances and critical incidents
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least three (3) years of experience in accounting, payroll, banking, human resources, customer service or case management. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree and more than 4 years of advanced experience in accounting, payroll, banking, human resources, customer service or case management.
- Prior experience in case management and community- based work preferred
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes, human resource procedures and/or familiarity with fiscal management preferred.
- Must have independent means of reliable transportation and be willing to use own car for field work.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish is a plus
- Must live within 10 miles of Kent/Sussex Counties
- Must be able to tolerate driving for up to three hours per trip and up to six hours cumulatively during a standard workday, if necessary.
This position will be located in Wilmington/North of the Canal
What we offer:
Health & Dental
Paid Vacation/Sick Time
10-12 Holidays per year
- Reimbursement of mileage and travel expenses
- Excellent supportive business and information tools
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.