JEVS Human Services has an exciting opportunity within our Freedom Project program as a community based Direct Support Professional/Community Support Counselor. The Freedom Project is a community of individuals who live independently in Robinsville, NJ. Each member, along with family members and/or advocates, work with staff to set his/her own goals and identify interests and needs. Supports are individually tailored and delivered to help people pursue their goals. Learn more about this amazing program here!
In this role, you will work to provide additional support and assistance to the members of the Independence Network community.
- Develop a rapport with assigned individuals and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship
- Contribute to the development of person centered plans that support individuals to pursue their goals and dreams
- Teach independent living skills and develop strategies the individual can rely on to continue to grow in their independence
- Provide guidance and mentoring to support social skills
- Coach individual(s) to establish volunteer opportunities or paid employment
- Assist individuals to fully engage in community activities that match their interests
Some of what we offer:
- Flexible work schedule: create your own schedule based on the needs of the individuals you are assigned to. Working another job or currently in school? Looking to work around your personal schedule? This job could be for you!
- Collaborative environment: work in-person, supporting a community of individuals to learn, experience and achieve their life’s goals through planning and support
- Variety: every day in this role is different! Spend time working with members in their home and in the community
- Excellent life-long experience: get valuable experience working individually with members and running groups; a great way to move ahead in your career in social services
- 1+ year of experience working with people with intellectual disabilities preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Some college coursework preferred
Our full-time roles include a full benefits package!
- Medical & dental coverage
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition Assistance
- Cell phone reimbursement
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.