At JEVS Human Services, we believe in giving people possibilities—opportunities to be self-sufficient and satisfied. Each year we touch nearly 25,000 lives, focusing on individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges as well as those facing adverse socio-economic conditions including unemployment and underemployment.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a GED Instructor in our E3 Program, which provides education, employment, empowerment, and life skills training to out-of-school youth. This program is designed to help youth re-engage academically and develop skills needed to be successful in the global economy.
Job duties for this position will include:
- Provide GED and academic enhancement instruction and activities.
- Develop lesson plans and curricula designed to achieve PYN established benchmarks within JEVS E3 program design.
- Coordinate at least one empowerment activity quarterly
- Maintain working knowledge of educational trends with special attention to out-of school youth (OSY).
- Meet and develop relationships with other E3 providers to help maintain a professional network among Philadelphia’s OSY providers.
- Record outcomes and efforts related to E3 participants in designated database.
- Evaluate progress and report academic achievements of all students.
A bachelor’s degree or two years of college course work (Associates degree) in English, psychology, education, social work, vocational or other appropriate fields.
- GED instruction experience preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices within Youth Development
- Proficient in MS Office applications (especially MS Word and Excel). Willingness to learn PYN & JEVS specific database.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k), with company match
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Ample paid vacation and sick time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats, and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness workshops and activities and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Dress-down Fridays
- Employee referral bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible mileage and travel expenses
For more information about what it’s like to be a part of the JEVS team, visit our careers page at https://www.jevshumanservices.org/careers/
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided. Please contact your recruiter if you are in need of an accommodation during the interview process.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.