At JEVS Human Services, we believe in giving people possibilities—opportunities to be self-sufficient and satisfied. Each year we touch nearly 25,000 lives, focusing on individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges as well as those facing adverse socio-economic conditions including unemployment and underemployment.
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of those who are unemployed and underemployed?
As the Instructor at the CareerLink at Suburban Station, you will have the opportunity to impact hundreds of lives. In this role you will be responsible for teaching workshops on resume writing and promoting classroom participation. As the Instructor, your goal is to ensure participants have a working resume that will help them secure employment and begin the next phase of their career.
In addition to resume writing, you will help clients teach interviewing techniques and soft skills.
This position is on-site at our CareerLink Suburban Station program.
Job Duties Include:
- Review resumes, research writing trends, make adjustments to resumes as trends progress.
- Promote clients active participation in all classroom activities; provide client constructive feedback for each session.
- Meet as part of team to progress in activities. Provide recommendations for appropriate activities.
- Teach and facilitate the learning (in-person and virtual) of skills in resume development, online and paper job application, interviewing and job keeping.
- Prepare creative lesson plans and learning materials for life skills and job search through use of various mixed media approaches.
- Assist participants in registering in Job Gateway; teach participants how to match for job leads and conduct initial job matching
What we are looking for:
- 2 years of experience in resume development and job coaching.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (especially MS Word and Excel).
Come join our team and directly impact the success of the individuals we serve!
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k), with company match
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Ample paid vacation and sick time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats, and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness workshops and activities and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible mileage and travel expenses
For more information about what it’s like to be a part of the JEVS team, visit our careers page at https://www.jevshumanservices.org/careers/
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided. Please contact your recruiter if you are in need of an accommodation during the interview process.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.