At JEVS Human Services, we believe in giving people possibilities—opportunities to be self-sufficient and satisfied. Each year we touch nearly 25,000 lives, focusing on individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges as well as those facing adverse socio-economic conditions including unemployment and underemployment.
The Postsecondary Success Coach provides resources and tools to navigate the postsecondary process and develops individualized learning plans and tasks for clients to help them meet their educational and career goals and obtain credentials and degrees. The Coach provides services in varied aspects of program retention such as digital literacy, skill building, growth mindset, goal setting, and aptitude/interest assessments. The Coach also acts as a resource navigator to individuals, ensuring that their basic needs are met so that they can be successful in their academic and career pursuits.
- Advises JEVS program participants and their families on the steps needed to initiate and complete the college admissions and financial aid processes
- Identify postsecondary opportunities that match each individual’s academic credentials, interests and goals.
- Facilitate workshops and activities designed to serve postsecondary education participants
- Works with referral and recruitment partners to identify prospective participants for JEVS postsecondary training and education offerings.
- Works with school guidance counselors and other case managers and advisors to provide a unified approach to each student dually enrolled in JEVS postsecondary programs and other programs.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field preferred. Associate's required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with individuals related to personal and professional goal setting and counseling.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k), with company match
- Tuition assistance: Available to all employees with at least one year of service, for those enrolled in job-related, accredited, degree or certificate level courses
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Ample paid vacation and sick time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Continuing education, professional development opportunities, retreats, and training
- Annual holiday party and office outings
- Wellness workshops and activities and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Dress-down Fridays
- Employee referral bonus
- Reimbursement of eligible mileage and travel expenses
For more information about what it’s like to be a part of the JEVS team, visit our careers page at https://www.jevshumanservices.org/careers/
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided. Please contact your recruiter if you are in need of an accommodation during the interview process.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.