What You Will Do:
Mediaocean is seeking a Oracle DBA Architect to join our team in Pune. Our ideal candidate will be supporting our database applications and data integration solutions. The Oracle DBA will be part the global DBA team who support client facing and internal DB’s within a DevOps environment. Applicants should have a minimum of 6 – 8 year’s of Oracle DBA experience, and be willing to work with other DBMSs like MongoDB, MySQL & SQL Server. Applicants need to be proficient with Windows, and will also be supporting scheduled ETL & Reporting processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure backup, recovery, high availability, & disaster recovery, designs & processes are accurate, & operational
- Help maintain the integrity, and security, of the company databases, & compliance requirements
- Develop database design and architecture recommendations for management and executive teams
- Design, Test, Implementation, & Support new processes & technology, upgrades & patching. Provide relevant documentation & training
- Provide insight into current and future database usage including performance, concurrency, growth, storage, feature usage, & optimizations
- Working with DBA’s, Operations, & Development, to design, support, & tune, internal products & DB platforms. This may include conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Help design, improve, maintain, & test, Standard Operating procedures, automated processes, Standards, & Monitoring/Alerting. This can also include standardization, consolidation, & migrations, as well as optimizing operational costs and performance
- Responsibilities may include Management, Direct Reports, Escalations, On-call, Compliance, Projects, Support tickets, DBA Tasks, & Training
- Other duties as assigned.