We are engaged in the transition of our flagship product from desktop to web-based application and need a talented leader for a dedicated team of professionals. As the Manager, Software Engineering, you will develop an understanding of our history and help drive the transformation to an on-line, best-in-class, software as a service (SaaS) solution.
Your knowledge and experience will help to guide and inspire strong coding practices and solid software design decisions among the team. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring software engineers as it relates to technical skills and career development.
You will engage daily with other leaders, quality assurance, product, and engineers to deliver on cross-team strategic efforts to ensure the best outcomes for our products and customers.
As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for overall development life cycle, process, communication, collaboration, and people management.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support and cultivate the team’s ability to rapidly deliver quality software.
- Encourage the growth of engineers through skills development, objectives, and goal setting.
- Assign work to software engineering team members and evaluate individual performance.
- Plan and implement strategies for the development of designs and products on schedule and on budget.
- Collaborate with other managers, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Assist in recruiting world‐class engineering talent and participate in the process including attracting, screening, and closing high caliber candidates.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture, and design.
- Build cross-department relationships centered on executing company strategy.
- Solve complex software engineering tasks, while maintaining coding standards and practices.
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal and external customers.
- Measure KPI’s such as velocity, estimation accuracy and defect percentages.