Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
The Granicus Account Specialist (AS) drives insides sales through a focus on new sales opportunity creation and wins. The AS will target prospective clients, or non-Granicus clients, in the emerging small/local government market. The AS will be responsible for proactive outreach beginning with lead generation, continuing through all phases of the sales process, culminating in sale win/close. The AS is also responsible for creation and win of upsell opportunities with current Granicus customers. Due to the incredible growth we've experienced on our sales team, we're hiring several Account Specialists to start January 7th, so get your application in today!
What You Get To Do:
- Develop comprehensive sales strategies and business plans to acquire new prospective clients within assigned territory
- Lead all stages of the sales process from lead generation to win/close
- Prospecting including high volume calls, cold calling, emails, discovery meetings
- Use an engaging and penetrating discovery process to qualify true sales opportunities
- Build quotes, schedule and host demos, assist prospect through procurement process
- Use Saleforce.com to track all sales activities properly, keep all contact/lead data accurate, create new opportunities, and move opportunities through all stages of the sales process from lead to win/close
- Effective development and management of a sales pipeline and forecasting
- Work to identify market trends, best practices, referrals, and new opportunity areas
- Monitor and communicate target market information accurately to management
- Exceed KPIs for daily, weekly, and monthly activity goals for calls, appointments, demonstrations, sales meetings, etc.
- Exceed sales quota
- Represent Granicus in a positive manner, foster trust, and reinforce thought leadership
What We Need In You:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications or related field highly preferred
- 1+ years of relevant sales experience
- Expertise with consultative and solution selling techniques preferred
- Excellent communication skills, strong active listening skills, and no fear to pick up the phone and make cold calls
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed; takes initiative
- Demonstrated ability to lead discovery sales meetings
- Strong critical/strategic thinking skills, able to problem solve quickly
- Able to handle objections
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team atmosphere, handle multiple projects and goals at the same time
- Excited by growth culture, comfortable with change and scaling processes
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of products
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com a plus
- Public Sector sales experience a plus
- Experience in SaaS, software, or cloud-based technology sales a plus
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.