Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
We are looking for a professional, customer-centric sales person with a technology sales background in local government to grow our business and number of customers. Candidates must have previous experience successfully prospecting over a large geographical region. This is an individual contributor sales role. The position could be based in MI, WI,IL,IN or MN.
What you'll do :
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for activities necessary to create and close new business opportunities, including:
- Developing and executing a new business/prospecting plan for their territory
- Targeting, calling, and engaging prospects and working with them through the sale cycle
- Building and maintaining a healthy pipeline across the territory
- Qualifying client needs and aligning the value of your solution
- Collaborating with the extended sales team on opportunities
- Logging all sales activities and client contacts in Salesforce
What we need in you:
This is a field sales position that requires a high degree of autonomy, activity, and attention to detail. As such, it requires strong sales skills derived from previous experience and training. A technology and/or local government sales background is strongly preferred.
The major requirements and skills include:
- Proven track record of consultative sales experience and success as an individual sales contributor.
- Demonstrated success prospecting and finding/closing opportunities via phone
- Experience using some form of customer relationship management software to track leads, activities and opportunities. (SFDC preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- A passion for working with clients to help address their challenges.
- Ability to execute a sales process in a solution sales methodology. This will require relationship building and great oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct product demonstrations and conduct presentations.
- Experience and comfort with technology.
- Experience selling in a committee-driven environment, with multiple, cross-functional decision makers.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.