- Strong demonstrated experience in HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, Type Script and related web technologies.
- Excellent software development and design skills in PHP and/or Python.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL).
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD.
- Passionate about delivering high quality code.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible/adaptable and can embrace change.
- Keen interest in being part of an open, collaborative, distributed, and extraordinarily skilled software development team.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Attributes of a software engineer
A Software Engineer understands our processes, can execute stories independently and strives towards our values.
- Core maintainer of at least one app/area of large app
- Can explain the Granicus software development process (SDLC)
- Can identify whether the scrum process is being followed appropriately
- Ticket states
- Proper level of detail for stories and subtasks
- Tickets progressing through process as proscribed by scrum
- Develops deliverable units of acceptance from user stories/bug reports
- Can identify whether development team values are being followed
Attributes of a Granicus Engineering Team Member
- Interest in/experience with civic-minded processes and their improvement
- e.g., understands clerking, role of agendas in councils/boards, Robert's rules, email campaigns
- Comfortable working on a distributed team
- Comfortable working on a team with diverse skill levels and experience
- Hungry learner
- Willing mentor
- Good communicator
- Capable of appropriately engaging in constructive conflict
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.