This position is a strategic technical resource for the Granicus sales force. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, serving as a solutions consultant on behalf of the customer and in conjunction with the sales team.
Sales Engineers identify technical issues assuring complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. They create combined solutions of services and technology to facilitate critical business objectives for Granicus customers.
What You'll Do:
• Develop and deliver effective demonstrations of key technical aspects of Granicus solutions that convey how they will contribute to achieving customer goals.
• Be a strategic technical resource for the sales organization
• Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
• Consult with customer technical resources to develop integration pathways using APIs
• Work with product and sales teams to interpret customer requirements and deliver solutions with the end-goal of sales in mind
• Provide feedback to R&D/Engineering for process or product improvements
• Meet with “Govies” and help them reimagine the connection between people and government
• Be a product champion for Granicus solutions
Who You Are:
• 3+ years of pre-sales engineer, consulting, or customer-facing service delivery experience is preferred
• Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent business or technical education required
• Achievement and experience articulating SaaS solutions and their value
• Superb presentation skills, both live and via teleconference. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Track record of continuous learning and solution-finding.
• Appetite for understanding technical architecture and complexity
• Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity
• Strong organizational, communications and teamwork skills
• Knowledge and experience in cloud-based or SaaS platforms
• Experience working with the Public Sector is desirable
• Proficiency in creating and delivering presentations to a diverse stakeholder audience
• Proficiency in creating detailed solution schematics that are not only technical, but are also clear to a non-technical audience
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.