As a company, Granicus helps empower some of the most creative people in the world who innovate within complex public-sector organizations to make policies more effective and to transform the citizen experience so that everything from road closures to fostering programs are better understood.
Granicus is looking for 2 motivated and eager to learn Associate DevOps Engineers to help manage its govService platform, CI pipelines, Terraform configurations, and extensive AWS environments.
The DevOps team in govService sits at a central place, with deep knowledge of the application, integrations, infrastructure, and the processes linking it all.
The key technologies are:
· AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, SQS)
· Jenkins/Gitlab CI
· PHP, Python, Bash
What You’ll Do:
· Make the world a better place
· Ensure that the AWS infrastructure meets its reliability and availability SLAs
· Help troubleshoot platform and application issues
· Improve existing manual or automated processes using as much automation as possible
· Help automate the code release and deployment processes to the point where all that’s needed is the press of a button
· Help build the governance processes to ensure that the application and infrastructure are kept safe from threats
Who You Are:
· You need to be motivated to learn a lot, quickly. We won’t expect you to know everything already, but you need to be driven to learn and pick things up as you go
· You also need to be able to solve problems on your own if needed, and communicate seamlessly with the team throughout the day, but rest assured that the team will be here to help when needed
· You need to have some experience working with Unix based servers
· You need to have experience with AWS, ideally at least an associate level certification
· You need to understand what CI is, and why it is beneficial
· You need to understand how to work with version control
· Ideally you also have experience with Infrastructure as Code, as we drive our AWS changes through Terraform
· Ideally you will be familiar with best practices around security
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.