The Business Development Manager (BDM) represents all Granicus products in the UK Government marketplace with responsibility for client acquisition and revenue growth in London public sector bodies, focused on Local Authorities. This position reports directly to the VP of UK Sales and provides tremendous growth opportunity. Strong candidates will be focused on professional development and motivated to excel.
Working with multiple accounts simultaneously, the BDM has exceptional consultative selling skills, enjoys problem solving and is able to translate the capabilities of multiple technology platforms into specific benefits for a given government organisation.
The BDM has expertise selling software and related services to transformation, customer service, communication, public affairs and technology leadership within government/local government and brings a detail-oriented approach to the job and drives the entire sales process from lead generation to procurement working closely colleagues in other functional groups.
The Granicus Europe sales team is a dynamic, results driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energised cloud vertical. Ours is a team that values individual initiative as well as teamwork. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people's lives. Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
· Generate, develop and close sales opportunities within London public sector prospects and accounts, including enterprise deals.
· Understand complex customer requirements for CRM, self-service, digital transformation and communications with the public, Develop and independently deliver custom presentations on Granicus solutions to revolutionise the prospect's interaction and engagement with the public
· Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment
· Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to prospects
· Respond to RFPs, PQQs and Tenders – leading the completion of bid documentation to win new contracts
· Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
· Manage all aspects of sales in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, revenue forecasting, contract management, and closing deals
· Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
· Support the management team in developing sales strategies
· Document all conversations, activities, and emails in our Salesforce CRM
· Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management
· Peers travel about 50%
Who You Are:
· 3+ years of field sales experience in CRM, Self-Service, Transformation, IT, Information Services, Digital Communications or Campaign Management
· 3+ Business Services sold on a subscription model
- Proven track record of regularly achieving or exceeding Sales targets, and ability to evidence how your personal approach to planning, forecasting and delivery has led to this success
· Understanding of UK government, especially Local Authorities
· Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious
· Proven to be capable of managing multiple active opportunities and meeting sales objectives
· Capable of selling £200K+ deals as part of a diverse sales pipeline
· Goal-oriented and self-motivated
· Successful working independently as well as in a collaborative team
· Excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritisation
· Proven in your ability and passion for prospecting - frequently breaking into new accounts
· You have demonstrated many of the following:
· Passion for Public Sector success
· Client focus - the desire and ability to understand what drives a client's needs Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
· Significant accomplishments selling enterprise software, CRM, SaaS, Marketing/Communications Technology
· Success selling to Central and/or Local Government entities
· Impressive track record of C-Level sales activity
· Deep knowledge of government procurement
Ideal requirements also include:
· Familiarity with public sector Digital Communication, Campaign and Behavioral Change strategies
· Understanding of Digital Transformation strategies and supporting technologies including
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
· Examples of Likely Performance Metrics:
· Ability to clearly and concisely articulate the Granicus mission and how our solutions deliver it
· Project a positive image of oneself and Granicus to others, at all times.
· Ensure effective self-management and organisation.
· Ensure and maintain a strong internal and external customer service focus.
· Maintain effective communication with colleagues and the teams.
· Operate within the Granicus’ policies, procedures and systems.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.