At Granicus, our mission is to help bring government and citizens closer together. As a company, Granicus helps empower some of the most creative people in the world who innovate within complex public sector organizations. In the role of an HR Generalist at Granicus, your job is to help provide support to our employees based in Bengaluru, India, to ensure they can deliver on this mission every day.
In this role, you’ll function as the expert advisor for all HR concerns; your time will be spent advising local employees and managers on benefits, career pathing, performance concerns, resolving employee relations situations, and ensuring we’re making decisions that are legally sound and in-line with Granicus’ values. As Granicus continues to grow our business, the ideal candidate for this role will have experience in, or a desire to learn, international employment law.
This position will report to an HR Manager based in the US,and is expected to be the subject matter expert on HR employment law and practices in India. With the support of our US based team, the local HR Generalist will need to consistently exercise strong independent judgement and adjust their strategies and prioritization in response to the changing needs to of the business.
What You'll do:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, resolve performance and employee relations issues, conduct HR investigations, increase engagement, reduce turnover, and conduct dismissals and exit interviews.
- Coach Managers on all aspects of personnel management such as employee development, disciplinary action, grievance process, dismissals, and employee engagement.
- Assist in implementing HR policies, procedures, and programs such as Career Pathing, Manager Training, Employee Engagement, and Performance Management.
- Help maximize adoption in India of HR policies and programs, recommending impactful changes and helping create sustained solutions to employee challenges.
- Build strong partnerships with leaders in the India and UK office, acting as a trusted advisor, thought partner, and expert resource for all core HR technical competencies such as time and labor laws, reasonable adjustments, leaves of absence, etc.; liaising with external employment law advisors and vendors when needed.
- Partner with US based HR team to support India recruiting initiatives and new hire onboarding procedures.
- Participate in company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal reporting requirements.
- Support local immigration efforts by assisting in applications and company sponsorship license.
- Ensure compliance with legal and Security policies; participating in audits as necessary.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of integrity in handling confidential information
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of experience in an HR Generalist, HR Representative, HR Executive or HR Business Partner role, or equivalent; preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 3-5 years specifically dealing with Employee Relations, HR investigations, and/or other highly confidential and sensitive employment situations
- Possess foundational knowledge of applicable HR regulatory requirements, principles and procedures in human resources
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver excellent Customer Service in a fast-paced environment with a flexible approach
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and problem-solving skills in handling a wide variety of challenging issues
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Confident, hospitable, organized, prompt, dependable, self-motivated and thorough
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization; strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoy directly contributing to the success of others
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.