Business Development Representative
$19.23/ Hr. + $25,000 in Commission
Due to Granicus’ continued growth, the Business Development Team is seeking new members who will work to identify potential customers, further our partnerships with existing clients and increase the adoption of modern government technology throughout the country.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities to help support the Federal, State and Local Sales teams. They will partner with Sales Executives to set up discovery meetings and opportunities with key decision makers in the government. Many of these opportunities will be generated through qualifying inbound marketing campaign leads via phone and email.
This role is for a highly-motivated, ambitious, and results driven individual. Through strategic partnerships with various members of the Sales and Marketing Teams, Business Development Representatives will be exposed to a variety of roles and experiences that will develop the skills and business acumen needed to become a top-tier sales professional in the GovTech sector and build a successful career.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new business via phone, email and social media to educate the prospect, introduce our solution, and identify appropriate buyers within the target market
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads and outbound prospects through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Granicus and qualify for a potential opportunity
- Conduct research to identify potential opportunities and understand challenges facing government agencies today
- Conduct initial qualification and determine prospect's current environment, pain points, challenges, and potential projects to determine how Granicus' solutions will speak to their needs
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Work with the key sales drivers to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals
- Use Salesforce CRM to track all sales activities properly and manage contact/lead data for accuracy
- Analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
- Communicate and work with sales executives to build out a strategic territory plan
Who you are:
- You have work and/ or internships experience in sales or marketing, or a degree in business, communications, or another related field
- You have 1+ year of relevant work experience
- You can meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity goals
- You can build strong client relationships
- You have excellent phone and social media communication skills
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- You are proficient in MS Office products
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
- Public Sector experience preferred
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts