Technical Support Engineer
$55,000 - $60,000 +bonus*
Washington DC and St. Paul
The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge of software implementations, online payment system integrations, relational databases, scripting, web applications, networks and general knowledge of internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. They are responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the Granicus software services we provide to the government and public.
This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. The Technical Support team partners with the Customer Support team in maintaining a “Customer Focused” environment, partnering with our stakeholders to achieve the highest customer lifetime value and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
- Ticket escalation from Customer Support and professional services teams.
- On-call rotation for Production Application Support.
- Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and working with other Engineering groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Updating the ticket tracking system to provide an accurate, and current, status of support issues.
- Creating Knowledge Base articles to expand the knowledge for handling support issues.
Who You Are:
- Ambitious, self-driven and an enthusiastic approach to problem-solving.
- You have relational database experience (MSSQL & PostgreSQL preferred).
- You have a technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (2+ yrs.).
- You have enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software knowledge.
- You have experience with coding in Python.
- You have experience with terminal commands (CMD & bash).
- You have experience using AWS services.
- You have experience or familiarity with web scraping.
- You have experience or familiarity with elastic search.
- You have experience or familiarity Linux systems.
- You have experience with Github, CI / CD, software deployment.
- You’ve used ticketing systems such as JIRA or a bug tracking system.
- You have a technical understanding of agile SDLC.
*Starting rate may vary depending on location and/or experience*
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts