Director of Business Systems
$100,000 - $125,000+ bonus*
The Director of Business Systems reports to the CFO and provides strategic leadership to steer and support technology initiatives.
The Director is responsible for driving the implementation and management of enterprise systems, data and processes and leading a small team of IT analysts and developers.
The Director will own the transformation and ongoing management of company-wide systems that create value for our internal teams and our customers. You will work cross-functionally across our core business areas and global subsidiaries including Operations, Engineering, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, US and Global Sales, Marketing, Finance, and HR.
Through this leadership, the team will deliver solutions that meet the needs of the business as well as the required quality and regulatory standards.
What You'll Do:
- Set strategic direction, define roadmap, and provide day-to-day operational oversight for business systems team
- Lead and direct the Business Systems team including any third-party contractors to manage, maintain, upgrade, and deploy all internal business applications
- Build relationships across organizational boundaries by effectively communicating, cooperating, and collaborating with all technology and business stakeholders.
- Lead the development, establishment, and enforcement of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Ensure that business systems processes, and deliverables comply with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices.
- Drive business process improvements and streamline operations; identify areas for automation and removal of manual processes.
- Ensure business systems are properly documented and managed as changes are introduced. · Act as program / project manager for complex business systems transformations
- Lead the resolution of business systems related corrective and preventive actions in a timely and complete manner
- Own and oversee the creation of high-quality quality system, design control, compliance, and regulatory artifacts related to products, releases, and changes produced by your team.
- Drive world class change management practices to ensure rapid deployment of changes with no disruption to the business, considering not only IT-managed systems, but including systems used across the business.
- Respond to escalations by providing high-quality problem-solving support, advice, and guidance to internal customers while maintaining appropriate process and system governance.
- Own reporting, status updates and KPI metrics and provide regular reporting to the senior leadership team and stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration and/or 7 years equivalent work experience. Master's degree in either of these fields preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team with resources dispersed across the United States.
- Experience managing large ERP, CRM or other business system deployments.
- Analytical skills, ability to 'think outside the box' and move concepts to implementation.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present ideas and results to diverse business and technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
*Starting rate may vary depending on location and/or experience*
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts