Software Engineering Manager
$100,000 - $120,000 + bonus*
St. Paul, MN/Denver, CO/Washington, DC/Remote
The Software Engineering Manager at Granicus works to drive our teams to produce excellent software and works with our smart, driven engineers to enable their learning and growth. A Software Engineering Manager at Granicus will embody these values and ensure they are lived and breathed by their team.In addition to our values a Software Engineering Manager will champion practices such as test driven development, knowledge sharing, collective code ownership, and a supportive learning environment. This role will allow you to mentor engineers and think strategically. Your ideas about culture, roadmaps, and technical decisions of all sizes will be highly valued. Our Software Engineering Manager will love to collaborate on high level thinking, thinks writing tests first is the best, and cares deeply about people management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be responsible for career development of engineers within your group.
- Perform employee management, including coaching, skills development, and performance assessment
- Help engineers identify areas for improvement, create plans to improve, and execute improvements.
- Act as point person for hiring process for your level.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters to ensure process efficiency and improve current process.
- Own and evangelize development team values.
- Execute tactically and provide proper context to the team.
- Focus on long term vision and ensure technical decisions work to enable Granicus’ future.
- Ensure shared development team responsibilities are handled.
- Make significant contributions outside of the Product Organization as a resource to other areas of Granicus.
- Represent the Granicus Development team within Granicus and (when called upon) to clients outside of Granicus
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience with and passion for the agile development process.
- Ability to mentor engineers of all levels
- Full stack engineering experience. We work in Ruby on Rails,Python,Java,.NET,]SQL, and React.
- This is not a coding position but past experience and familiarity with development is crucial.
- Proven leadership skills and proven ability to execute on projects.
- Experience collaborating with all the different departments needed to make software to run from Customer Support, to Operations and Platform Engineering.
- Interest in the technology challenges faced by government offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts