The Software Engineering Manager at Granicus works to drive our teams to produce excellent software and works with our smart, driven engineers to enable their learning and growth. A Software Engineering Manager at Granicus will embody these values and ensure they are lived and breathed by their team. In addition to our values a Software Engineering Manager will champion practices such as test driven development, knowledge sharing, collective code ownership, and a supportive learning environment.
This role will allow you to write code, mentor engineers, and think strategically. Your ideas about culture, roadmaps, and technical decisions of all sizes will be highly valued. Our Software Engineering Manager will love to collaborate on code and high level thinking, think writing tests first is the best, and care deeply about people management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be responsible for career development of engineers within your group.
- Perform employee management, including coaching, skills development, and performance assessment and management.
- Help engineers identify areas for improvement, create plans to improve, and execute improvements.
- Act as point person for hiring process for your level.
- Operate as an individual contributor on an engineering scrum team.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters to ensure process efficiency and improve current process.
- Own and evangelize development team values.
- Focus on long term vision and ensure technical decisions work to enable Granicus’ future.
- Ensure shared development team responsibilities are handled.
- Make significant contributions outside of the Product Organization as a resource to other areas of Granicus.
- Represent the Granicus Development team within Granicus and (when called upon) to clients outside of Granicus.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing a team of software developers.
- Full stack engineering experience. We work in PHP, Python, MySQL, Java Script, Angular and AWS
- Experience with and passion for the agile development process
- Ability to mentor engineers of all levels
- Ability to learn new technologies and help bring your team up to speed on them
- Comfort when navigating a large legacy code base and ability to spin up a new project for greenfield development
- Experience collaborating with all the different departments needed to make software to run from Product Management to Customer Support and Cloud Operations
- Interest in the technology challenges faced by government offices.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.