The Sr. DevOps Engineer will play a significant role in development, automation, optimisation and security across our diverse company portfolio. We presently use Packer, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Terraform, and ECS to automate the testing and delivery of both our Python and PHP applications; with plans to consolidate on GitLab-CI and Kubernetes.
Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of big data, full-stack application development, testing, continuous integration, a passion for security, and extensive experience working in an agile software development environment.
What You'll Do:
· Optimise the current utilisation of PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MySQL and Aurora
· Responsible for the infrastructure of applications impacting the lives of millions of citizens.
· Support the software development process by identifying inefficiencies, recommending solutions, automating delivery, and implementing testing
· Training Developers and Platform engineers on new release process
· Provide clear documentation for all release promotion process
· Technical leadership of large multi month projects
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or strong CS fundamentals
- Extensive experience with PostreSQL and MySQL databases, and ElasticSearch
- Extensive experience with Docker and containerised applications
- Experience with software deployments to cloud hosting infrastructure especially Amazon AWS
- Extensive experience with designing and building CI systems for multiple software repositories across multiple development framework in Jenkins or GitLab (preferred)
- 5+ years Software Engineering or Operations support for Agile development teams
- Effective communication skills for working across support and engineering departments
- Extensive knowledge of source control management GitHub, GitLab preferred
- Strong experience and passion for automating Continuous Integration and Software Delivery
- Passion for security and identifying opportunities to improve security and testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with development best practices and methodologies, including test driven development, behavior testing, continuous integration, and static analysis.
*Starting Rate will vary depending on location and/or experience*