St. Paul, MN/Denver, CO/Washington, DC/Remote
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a “central source of truth” and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we’ve done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Tom Budworth - Manager, Software Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 +bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
Note: the following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers growing their software engineering skills in a SaaS environment. Their key contributions are test-driven software that implements product-driven features within the Granicus product suite.
The Software Engineer is expected to contribute to the broader Granicus technology organization, both in the deployment and support of applications in higher environments and as a mentor to less experienced team members.
WHAT YOU"LL DO
• Perform all the essential functions of a Software Engineer
• Be a core maintainer of – and develop moderately complex features for – one or more applications in the Granicus product suite
• Be a go-to resource for support and operational issues within your area(s) of expertise
• Mentor less experienced team members
WHO YOU ARE:
• Experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications
• Intermediate-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and related web technologies
• Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
• Passion for learning new things
• Interest in being a part of an open, collaborative, distributed, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
ATTRIBUTES OF A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
A Software Engineer understands our processes, can execute stories independently and strives towards our values.
• Core maintainer of at least one app/area of large app
• Can explain the Granicus software development process (SDLC)
• Can identify whether the scrum process is being followed appropriately
o Ticket states
o Proper level of detail for stories and subtasks
o Tickets progressing through process as proscribed by scrum
• Develops deliverable units of acceptance from user stories/bug reports
• Can identify whether development team values are being followed
ATTRIBUTES OF A GRANICUS ENGINEERING TEAM MEMBER
• Interest in/experience with civic-minded processes and their improvement
o e.g., understands clerking, role of agendas in councils/boards, Robert's rules, email campaigns
• Comfortable working on a distributed team
• Comfortable working on a team with diverse skill levels and experience
• Hungry learner
• Willing mentor
• Good communicator
• Capable of appropriately engaging in constructive conflict
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts