Customer Success Specialist
$35,000 - $45,000 + bonus*
St. Paul, MN/Denver, CO/Washington, DC/Remote
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities.
Granicus is seeking a Customer Success Specialist (CSS) to support the successful adoption of our suite of SaaS solutions, and to drive visible value aligned with our clients' business outcomes. As a CSS, you consistently provide exceptional customer service so that our clients can deliver high-quality civic and citizen experiences in our communities. You are a powerful client advocate and you desire to be a part of a collaborative, fast-paced team that focuses on providing world-class service.
Granicus offers SaaS solutions to Federal, State and Local governments. This role will align to one of those customer market segments with a focus on driving adoption among one or more of Granicus’ product families. Strong candidates will have experience in nurturing clients in an agency, public sector, or software organization. Qualified candidates will have stellar client relationship and consultative skills, as well as proven success in data-driven decision making, adherence to process and organizational advancement. In this role, candidates will develop their experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, and the ability to translate the capabilities of a technology platform into specific benefits for a given client.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively guide a dedicated portfolio of ~100 – 150 clients through the customer journey from post-implementation, consistently creating deeper adoption of solutions and ensuring a seamless and successful Granicus signature experience
- Voraciously consume Granicus best practices content and review auxiliary metrics via Salesforce reports, PowerBI signature dashboards, and make data-driven recommendations based on Granicus benchmarks and client baselines to accelerate adoption
- Research, and keep current on, relevant client topics such as program background, agency and administration developments, media reports, and developments across industry verticals
- Pass all internal Product Proficiency Programs available for the products aligned to your Customer Portfolio. (Excellent candidates will participate in, and pass, proficiency testing for Granicus products in adjacent Product Suites)
- Advocate for customers through participation in internal cross-functional meetings, including (but not limited to): Product Councils for product enhancements and bug escalations; Customer Advisory Boards; Heal Desk meetings for At-Risk Customers; and Deal Desk Meetings for concessions on new business or expansion opportunities
- Collaborate regularly with the Sales organization to develop territory expansion plans and coordinate customer outreach and touchpoints
- Identify and document expansion opportunities through the Client Services Qualified Leads Program
- Regularly achieve quarterly and annual targets for managing NPS Program responses, Customer Health Score outreach, and Strategic Reviews for your dedicated Customer Portfolio
- Identify (up to) three Customer References and/or Customer Success Stories per quarter. Proactively submit references and success story recommendations to the Granicus Marketing team.
- Passionately pursue developments in Granicus product portfolio, as well as SaaS customer-success practices, competitive advancements, and modern engagement trends
- Enthusiastically represent Granicus at internal and external speaking events as a subject-matter expert in our products and respective civic and citizen knowledge pillars
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of experience in a customer service or other client-facing role
- You are an agile learner excited by change
- You demonstrate excellent phone and email communication skills
- You possess enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to support a high-performing Customer Success organization
- You thrive in a lean, self-propelling, and proactive environment
- You possess effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- You are committed to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM software strongly preferred
- Public sector knowledge preferred
- BA/BS degree
This position may require domestic U.S. travel several times per year for Customer Meetings in the region of your designated portfolio, as global conditions allow.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts