The Platform Engineer will play a significant role in development, automation, and security across our diverse company portfolio. We presently use Chef, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Terraform, and Kubernetes to automate the testing and delivery of both our Windows and Linux based hosted applications; with plans to consolidate on GitLab-CI and Kubernetes Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of full-stack application development, testing, continuous integration, a passion for security, and extensive experience working in an agile software development environment.
At Granicus, we have the exciting opportunity to change the way that citizens interact with governments across the country (and the world). It’s a fast-paced world at Granicus so these are always changing and opportunities to develop and invest in new technologies are constant.
As the leader in government technology based in the heart of downtown Denver, with offices around the globe we are seeking individuals who can work collaboratively with both our Development and Operations teams to design, test, deploy, and support our software.
What You'll do:
- Support the software development process by identifying inefficiencies, recommending solutions, automating delivery, and implementing testing
- Participate in a Tier-2 on-call rotation with other Engineers providing 24x7 infrastructure / application support
- Escalation support for Tier 2 Support
- Provisioning and maintenance of systems, load balancer configs, firewall rules, and other automation driven infrastructure tasks
- Mentoring Associate Platform engineers
- Technical leadership of small to mid-size projects
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years Software Engineering or Operations support
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Ruby/Rails
- Effective communication skills for working across support and engineering departments
- Extensive knowledge of source control management GitHub, GitLab preferred
- Experience with CI systems such as Jenkins or GitLab preferred
- Experience with cloud hosting infrastructure especially Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience in virtualization environments especially VMware vSphere
- Working knowledge of and passion for automating software delivery
- Passion for security and identifying opportunities to improve security and testing
- Extensive knowledge and experience with development best practices and methodologies, including test driven development, behavior testing, continuous integration, and static analysis.
- Experience developing for one or more relational database technologies
- Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages
- Ruby, PHP, C#, Bash, Powershell, Java
- Web hosting administration experience
- Experience using community projects and contributing back to open source
- Evaluating and using community cookbooks/playbooks/manifests/etc
- Contributing to open source projects using GitHub and BitBucket
- Docker, EKS, AKS, Windows containers
Currently, Granicus manages the world’s largest and most reliable legislative content network—containing more than 5 million government media files and public records and maintaining a 99.98% uptime track-record. We also have 20,000+ government users currently leveraging our technology to successfully run their day-to-day government information tasks including webcasting public meetings, managing and delivering legislative information, collaborating with citizens, and more.
Base Salary starts at $70,000 + Bonus + Benefits