$90,000 - $100,000 + bonus*
This Solutions Architect role lives within the technical arm of the Granicus’ govService product family and is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team. This team helps customers (government agencies) transform the citizen experience.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be an expert on the govService platform, a key partner in the successful build and rollout of projects across the United States, and a customer-focused leader who will work hand-in-hand with the customer, Implementation Consultants and Specialists to design and implement products and solutions that require a higher level of technical knowledge (i.e. Web Services, APIs, SQL, web coding languages, and additional product integrations) for new and existing clients. Expert technical knowledge and enthusiasm for client success are cornerstones of this role.
What You'll Do:
- Master the govService platform – you’ll be the internal expert on the product
- Serve as an advisor to the customer as they improve their online processes – keeping the citizen experience top-of-mind at every turn
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements for customer implementations
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered
- Advocate and evangelize “best practice” approaches to client set ups to ensure long term success and value for Granicus clients
- Ensure implementations meet client specific missions and solve core challenges around effective, efficient and engaging communications
- In partnership with the assigned Project Manager, lead and manage multiple Granicus technical product implementations and solutions on schedule and with high quality
- Clarify and drive implementation commitments
- Collaborate with product, engineering and other technical stakeholders on delivery of key solutions for the customer
- Develop training and implementation documentation for customized implementations
- Conduct system training for client administrators and developers when applicable
- Design, develop, and advise the team on building services, solutions and applications with best fit or best available technologies to achieve customer goals
- Design and develop solutions with REST and SOAP APIs, various SQL packages, Granicus products and HTML/JS/CSS code
- Work closely with Process Designers (internal “builders”) and Project Managers that interface with customers alongside you - to advise on progress and share ideas
- Ensure acceptance criteria are clearly defined and verify it matches the requirements
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Assess the needs of each client; recommend and document solutions
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- You have 3-5 years of experience with team leadership and motivation
- You possess a high level of technical literacy, which helps them determine how a software solution fits into an organization’s current structure and assists in the development of specifications and requirements
- Have experience with developing and delivering web-based solutions that use REST and SOAP APIs, including troubleshooting issues with APIs using debugging tools
- Excellent working knowledge and development experience with SQL platforms, particularly Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL, and some experience with PostgreSQL and Oracle are also an advantage.
- Have experience with developing and delivering solutions with common web coding languages including XML, JSON, HTML, JS, CSS, and XSL is an advantage.
- You can analyze a process, and easily see the “if/then” in the logic. Familiarity with building online forms and/or workflow strongly preferred. You know which fields need to be displayed on a form, and which questions are context sensitive (e.g. children’s dates of birth to be requested only where number of children is greater than zero)
- Demonstrate and ensure timely and thorough communication of strategy, deliverable status, and results
- You have a proven ability to flex between the technical and business sides of your brain – engineers and cross-functional team members alike love to work with you
- You are able to work with multiple cross-functional teams to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions
- Successful facilitation of technical implementations
- You are a problem-solver, able to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations
- You have a relentless commitment to doing the most valuable work first
- You have excellent communications skills – listening, verbal, and written
- You can work both independently and as a member of cross-functional teams, some remote
- You have a track record of functioning well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing demands
- You value the importance of user experience
- You have a passion for customers
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts